Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Her name is Donabel....


"She is one of the campus beauties during my college days....."


The author, Gerard Reyes...at 27.

I was in the office, last May 24 in the morning when I needed the telephone number of the new PACCI manager. I dialed 338-2000 in Bayantel-Palompon hoping to get some info from the said office. I did not get the number, but surprisingly, the voice of the operator on the other line is very familiar.

Later on, I knew her to be Donabel Omega, she is one of the campus beauties during my college days in PIT, way back 5 years ago. I was already a 3rd year student then while working also a municipal employee in Palompon, while she is a sweet freshmen student. During the Intramurals last September 2002, she was the muse of the College of Technology, while I was also the unit head of the College of Education team. I can remember her as a friendly, charming, and lovely cute little girl (chubby, I mean…) . Now she’s already 21 years old, she said, and will be turning 22 this December, I told myself that I am getting older by now.

Before, when I was only 16 years old, I can see her as a little girl playing like other children did. She did not even mind what she’s doing (wearing a mini skirt) at the age of 9, if my memory serves me right. Now she’s already a lady.

This time, I enjoy everytime I talked with her on the phone. She’s still the very friendly Donabel that I knew some years ago. The same Donabel, that flashes her electrifying smile to her friends and acquaintances, or even to a stranger like me….

No comments: